Luggage is necessary to take with you when you travel, and for most people, it is scary knowing that theft of your items is possible when traveling from one airport or train station to the next. If you want to learn how to travel safely and keep your luggage safe, too, you can click here to learn more about IoT technology and how it has been easing travel pains. Additionally, we have a few helpful tips here that you can put to good use to keep luggage safe when you travel.
In 2014, the following 5 airports were worst for luggage theft. An undercover operation even landed several employees at the LAX Airport in jail after they were found to be stealing luggage and personal belongings. Airports on the list include:
- Miami International Airport
- Chicago O’Hare Airport
- JFK International
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport
Although these airports are the biggest concern, your luggage is at risk anywhere that you go. It is up to you to keep your luggage safe and enjoy worry-free travels no matter where you’re traveling.
To ensure your safety, the following tips are great to use when traveling so that you can keep your luggage safe.
- Keep your valuables with you on the airplane. Your carry-on bag is good for jewelry, electronics, and other valuable items.
- Do not travel with large amounts of cash on you.
- Traveler’s insurance provides valuable protection in the event of lost, delayed, or damaged lugged. The cost of the coverage varies, but it is a good idea to check it out and find out how little it can cost you to obtain.
- Take before and after photos as evidence of your bag and its contents